Is Being an Israelite a Religion?
Firstly, Israelites for beginners wants to make clear that the King James Version Bible is the source for those of the Gathering of Christ Church. Also, the Apocrypha is a part of the Bible. The original King James 1611 Bible had the Apocrypha in it.
People have the misconception that because the Bible is used it must be a religion. This is not the case. So then, that does leave a question unanswered.
What is an Israelite?
Israelite is a bloodline. Israelites are from the linage of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, whose name was changed to Israel. Being part of a nation or a people is not a religion.
Exodus 1: 1-5
- 1 Now these are the names of the children of Israel, which came into Egypt; every man and his household came with Jacob.
- 2 Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah,
- 3 Issachar, Zebulun, and Benjamin,
- 4 Dan, and Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.
- 5 And all the souls that came out of the loins of Jacob were seventy souls: for Joseph was in Egypt already.
As the scripture shows the children of Israel are actual people. They are a family. They are a bloodline. It has nothing to do with religion.
The following video will go into depth about the origins of the Israelites and who and where they are today.