The seven seals in the Bible each bring an event that will help us discern what period of time we are in currently. How do we read the times?
Which of the Seven Seals Are We In Now?
In What Time Sequence Are the Seals Opened?
Many people are interested in the period of time we are in according to the Bible. Looking at the Seven Seals is one way people try to discern the times. However it is inaccurate to say we are in the first seal, or the third seal, or the sixth seal. Why? Because the seals are not to be chronologically read. Christ opened all seven of the seals at the same time. This was done after his death here on earth. After all was accomplished and he rose to the heavens to his Father, he opened the seven seals.
Even though all the seals have been opened they are accomplished over time.
Christ Ascended to the Heavens
Daniel 7:13, 14
- 13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man or like unto a son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
- 14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
- 9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
- 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
- 11 which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
- 11 But Christ being come a high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
- 12 neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
- 13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh;
- 14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Christ Opens All the Seals When He Goes to the Throne
1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see not found in best early manuscripts. And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
3 when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see not found in best early manuscripts.
4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see not found in best early manuscripts. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see not found in best early manuscripts.
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 and they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 and the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 and said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 for the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
The following video will break down the scriptures and explain how the are unfolding in the present time.